Ronda Rousey ESPN

Ronda Rousey ESPN, Rousey is one of four athletes chosen to grace the cover of the upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine. NBA great Blake Griffin, baseball star Bryce Harper, and Washington Redskins quarterback, Robert Griffin III, will also appear.

The star judoka took to social networking platforms to promote the coming issue she's featured on.

"Don't forget to pick up the 15th anniversary issue of ESPN coming soon," wrote Rousey to her fans.

So what exactly does the appearance mean for Rousey and women's MMA in general?

Rousey continues to be a breakout star for the sport and for the UFC, and it's excellent to see the continued exposure from a mainstream outlet such as ESPN.

Last time around, Rousey was asked to pose artistically nude to help sell some extra copies of ESPN the Magazine's "Body Issue." This time, they can focus on her personality and athleticism inside the cage.

Just having her presented as on par with athletes from three of the "major" sports in the U.S. is a huge statement when it comes to the progress of women's MMA.

Rousey continues to be a crossover star, and that's exactly what the UFC needs at a time when legends are aging and retirement at a rapid pace.

Rousey, an Olympian who will soon coach opposite Cat Zingano on "The Ultimate Fighter 18," can't seem to stay out of the headlines, even when she doesn't have a fight coming up.

Her fight against Zingano is still months away, but Rousey is still all over the news due to her adorable personality and striking good looks.

Rousey's appearance on "TUF 18" marks the reality show's debut on FOX Sports 1. The star judoka will then fight Zingano in a season-ending UFC title fight at the end of the calendar year.

Rousey was also one of a few athletes featured on the cover of an "ESPN The Magazine" Body Issue this past year, but she draws the line at artistic nudity.

"I'd say, ‘No.' No one should be able to see my cash and prizes for $5, okay? I don't care how much money they gave me," Rousey said of the possibility of posing for Playboy. "I don't really see myself as a sex symbol because ever since people have started calling me a sex symbol, I haven't had a lot of sex in my life."

Rousey recently posed artistically nude for ESPN the Magazine's Body Issue, so there's not a huge difference between that and posing for Playboy.

However, Rousey wants to present herself in a classy manner and not give anyone the wrong impression.

"Like, it's just, it's not really working out great for me," Rousey said. "But, yeah, people bring that up all the time. I'm like, ‘Look, you're right. I probably get more attention fighting because of how I look. But if I didn't know how to fight and I just looked the way I did, no one would know who I am.'"

Rousey's upcoming ESPN the Magazine cover shoot will play it straight, without dipping into her sexy side. She will not be artistically nude this time around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Julie Bowen Crush

Tips How to Create 5 Backlinks for Blogger

Reset Counter Canon Ip2770